SPRING CLEANING WITH DR. BRONNER’S
Castile soap is an inspiring product that’s not only easy to use, but easy on the planet. When diluted properly, it’s safe to be used on your skin and around children and pets. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps are biodegradable and versatile, while being wildly effective. These three, easy-to-put-together cleaner concoctions will become your new go-tos.
All-purpose Natural Cleaning Spray
To use, dampen a microfiber cloth with the solution and wipe. Rinse the cloth as needed. This is great for all surfaces—granite, ceramic, tile and even carpets!
- 1 qt. Water (distilled, if possible)
- 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap (Tea Tree is preferred, but any will work great) OR 1 Tbsp. Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- 20 drops Tea tree essential oils
- 1 qt. Spray bottle
- Combine all ingredients in spray bottle. Gently shake before using.
Natural Glass Cleaner
If the glass surface you’re attempting to clean is especially dirty, treat the glass with the all-purpose solution above. This natural remedy is perfect for wiping down windows, mirrors and chrome.
- 50/50 Mixture of water and white vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Optional: drops of your favorite essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in spray bottle. Gently shake before spraying.
- Wipe glass with a damp microfiber cloth until dry.
Natural Makeup Brush Cleaner
This cleaner is exceptionally simple to put together—you’ll have your brushes cleaned in a flash.
- Small bowl of room-temperature, distilled water
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap (any scent will do, can also substitute with Sal Suds)
- Wet the brushes with the water.
- Add 1–2 drops of castile soap directly onto the brush’s bristles. Gently massage the bristles for 10 seconds.
- Rinse under water.
- Repeat as needed until water runs clear.
Note: Avoid soaking the brushes, which could damage the handles and bristles.